Saturday, November 5, 2011

Realization.

BOOM.
Just like that. A loud sound vibrates through my being.
I have a hobby.
My family is all very unique and talented. Dad is annoyingly brilliant, Mom is gifted with designing and picking out color schemes in a room, brother can play the guitar and piano by ear (not to mention kill every sport he plays) and sister can dance crazy well.
So all my life I've wondered what my gift was, what pastime would wile away the hours.
And then I saw this nugget on Tumblr:


How did I not realize this sooner? Writing, reading...those are completely legitimate hobbies.
When I was younger, I tried everything - collecting receipts, photography, the 50 states quarter collection...you name it, I probably considered it at one low point in my life.
*whew*. Rest assured self, you have a pastime. And a pleasant one at that.
Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment