Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wednesday Night Blues

I have a major crush on books. Not just any books: NOVELS. Ya know, the manly ones. The ones that dominate the bookshelf, satisfy your aching heart, sweep you off your feet with a lovely line or two. Sometimes I wish I didn't have to deal with the pressures of studystudystudy or making friends or fighting off the temptation to get on Facebook. I wish that these days, we curled up in a window seat and read a book by the light of daybreak, the thin drapes flapping in the whispery breeze. I am studying Jane Austen's Mansfield Park in my British Literature class, and I could not be more obsessed. Not because it's Jane Austen and the fact that I'm a female, but because they lived such simple lives.

This is a "manor" in my hometown. Secluded beyond the
 edge of the creek, you can only admire from a distance.
You learn a lot about a person from their desk.

Belated New Year's Resolution #1: learn to ignore technology. I'm completely aware that this is slightly contradictory because I sit here and blog, but hey, I've got to stay connected with the world somehow. Nevertheless, I will remain steadfast in this promise and become more literary and scholarly. Even in the way I dress. Fake glasses, here I come! 

Wordsworth, you better watch your back. I'm coming for ya.

This is Reebs, peacing out to read a book or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment